Tuesday 26 March 2013

Opposite Poles..Part 116



Part 116

Nani sensed something was wrong.  Arnav and Lavanya had returned earlier than her expectation.  She was at the table and he came down for dinner.  “So they didn’t have their dinner in the hotel!” Nani noted.  Anjali came and looking at the pile of shopping bags asked excitedly.

“Aray wah, Chote! You did lot of shopping..!” she smiled.  Lavanya walked in from her room. 
“Aray, Lavanya.. I thought you would have a romantic dinner tonight..” Anjali teased.  Arnav looked away.  

“Hayin? Shopping? Hello hi bye bye! Which Mall Ms. Tiptap?” asked Mami looking at the bags greedily.  Lavanya had conveniently forgotten to buy anything for anyone in the family.  She ignored Mami’s question.  

“I forgot Chote, I was thinking of setting the ‘rudraksh’ Khushi bitiya had got from Nainital in a golden socket..! you take it to the jeweller tomorrow..!” said Nani looking at Arnav.  He nodded. 
“I want to get the pendent done ..!” she added looking at Ms Kasyap.  

“Arnav Bitwa.. Ms Tiptap ki toh Shopping Hui gai! Hamre wastay  Kucho  Laiy  Ho Ki  Naahi? Hello hi bye bye?” Mami asked raising her eyebrows gazing at the bags. 
“Oh! Mami ji.. you should visit that Mall once.. You get a grand variety!” Lavanya said and Mami looked at her husband sulkily.

“Aray Manorama.. Arnav Bitwa is her boyfriend, not husband..! “ Mamaji pulled her legs.  “Hum!” Mamiji twisted her nose.  “Hum  toh  Aap  say Expect hi Naahi Karat Hain.. Hello hi bye bye!” she said contemptuously.  “Thank god!” Mamaji took a sigh of relief.  

“Aray Chodo naa.  Tell us Lavanya.. what all you bought?” Anjali asked excitedly.
“Oh Di! All brand new designs were there...!” Lavanya started off.
“Why didn’t you go out for dinner, Chote?” asked Anjali cutting her off.
“Oh Di.. he just drove back home!” Lavanya said sulkily.  

“Did you drop Khushi home?” Nani asked looking at Arnav piercingly. 
“Aray, Nani she got a call from home and went away ...!” Lavanya informed.
“Went away? You didn’t drop  her? What happened?” Nani turned to Chote questioning. 
“Servants are not allowed inside...!” he remembered her words and looked at Lavanya clenching his fists.  Nani noted his change of mood.  He got up and went back to his room leaving the food in the plate.  

“hum” Nani sighed.  “Hope you realize the difference, Chote!” she thought gravely.

********   ***********
“I must put an end to this Khushi business!” Lavanya was pacing the room.  She had sensed ASR’s comfort level with Khushi.  Her insecurities overriding her good senses she picked up a particularly hot dress and wore it.

“ASR!” she was in his room pushing the door. 
“I am busy Lavanya!” he said sternly.  She ignored and wrapped her arms around him sitting on the recliner where he was working.  He looked away frustrated. 
“I love you ASR!” she closed her eyes resting her head on his shoulder.  He didn’t react. 
“Do you love me?” she asked and he glared at her angrily.

“What rubbish, Lavanya! You know!” he said pushing her away a little.
“ASR! Just to be sure.. is there anyone else in your life?” she asked rubbing her nose on his neckline.
“Stop it Lavanya! Are you out of your mind!” he pushed her away angrily. 
“Sorry ASR! I just wanted to make sure!” she hugged her boyfriend tightly closing her eyes.  He gazed unfocused over her shoulder.

“ASR, let’s go on a long drive!” she suggested dreamily.  “No!” he said removing her hands.
“Why not,  ASR?” she asked sulkily.
“Can’t you see? I am busy!” his voice rising he got up from the recliner. She gaped at him.  He closed his eyes and said. “I am busy Lavanya! Good night!”
Lavanya went out sulkily.  He was back to his work.  

“You win, this time!” “I always win!” he smiled closing his eyes and switching off the lights.
Lavanya came back to her room.  She was bugged up with his attitude.  “What is he thinking? Is he not happy with me? “ She thought gravely.  Her insecurities mounting, she fidgeted furiously.
“I have to do something...! He said there is no one in his life other than me! But he didn’t sound convincing..! I must do something before its too late!” she thought rocking on the bed nervously.
“I should get married to at least get engaged.. as soon as possible.!” She concluded. 
“This Nani is a pain in the neck..!” she frowned.  “I should take Khushi’s help ...!” was her second conclusion.

“I am taking Khushi’s help to oust her out of this house! Once I get engaged, she is out of this house..!” Lavanya smiled.  “I must patch up with her... till I get what I want! I know, only Khushi can convince Nani!  I wil manage ASR!” she thought loudly.
“I will go to her house and bring her back!” she thought.
“Chamakili... help me to throw you out of my life!” she said switching off the lights resolving that she will patch up with Khushi in the morning.

********   ********   *********

 “Aray, Khushi didn’t come?” asked Nani, next day at the breakfast table.  “Ram Prakash, give me the phone!” ordered Nani. 
“Oh..Ok! Let her take rest!” said Nani seriously and disconnected.  “What happened, Nani?” asked Anjali.  “She is not well!” Nani said gravely.  “What happened?” Anjali asked concerned.  Nani didn’t answer. ASR came back to his room.  “She is not well?” He was worried.

“Bhai..!” Aakash was at the door looking like a sleep deprived person.  Arnav looked at his little brother.

“She said no!” he looked aghast.  He came in and sat on the recliner.  Arnav gaped at him.
“No?” he blurted.
“Yes.. she said No!” Aakash was doomed.  “Bhai.. i can’t live without her!” he looked all lost.  Aakash buried his face in his palms, losing all hopes.
“Are you serious, Aakash?” Arnav himself was not sure about his brother’s feelings.
“Yes, Bhai! Either I marry her or none!” he declared.  Arnav couldn’t comprehend.  “How could one person make such an impact on the other?” he wondered.  “No one can do that to me!” he thought smugly.  He looked at his brother.  He had to take control!

“Have patience, Aakash!” Arnav said placing his hand on Aakash’s shoulder.  He looked up at Arnav with moist eyes.  “Bhai..!” he broke down.

“Oh! Come on, Aakash!” Arnav looked away.  “I don’t know, what to do!” Aakash got up to go.
“Are you ready to wait...Aakash? Till she says yes?” asked Arnav gravely.
“..I will wait for her forever...!” Aakash pressed his hand on his chest.  Arnav thought for a while.
“Ok I will handle it..!” Arnav assured and Aakash felt better.
“Yes.. bhai.  I will not give up!” he said with determination.  Arnav was determined to do anything for his little brother.  

“Come with me!” he said picking up the car keys.

*******  ******
“No Jiji, tell her I am not well!” Khushi didn’t want to go anywhere leaving her jiji. Nani had called but  Payal was upset the whole night and so was Khushi.  She kept on asking her jiji.
“Jiji.. why?” Khushi was asking her.  

“Yes Khushi.  That’s the best thing for both of us!” Payal said seriously.
“But jiji, break up is not the solution!” Khushi tried to persuade Payal.  Payal already had made up her mind to end it and no one could change her mind.

“No discussion on this, Khushi! The chapter is closed!” Payal said and went into the kitchen. 
“Which chapter is closed, Khushi?” Sham was at the door of their room.  Khushi frowned.  She had to find some excuse.

“Umm Nothing Sham ji.  Jiji lost an embroidery contract!” Khushi said.  “Oh! Ok!” Sham came in.
“Umm Sham ji, from which college you passed out?” she asked him sweetly.  She knew, awkward questions drive him out of the room.  Sham got up turning his back on her.  “Umm Delhi college!” he said frowning.  She had opened her question bank again to his annoyance.

“Oh really? Thats great! You must be a very brilliant student... My friend was telling me.. Only brilliant students get admission there!” she praised him smirking at his back.  He closed his eyes in frustration.
“Which year?” she asked the next question.  He had reached the threshold of her room.  “One more question and you will be out of my room!” she thought grinning. 

“Khushi, I came to ask you for a cup of tea!” he said  sidestepping her question.  He went out of the room.  “Aray Khushi  Kitanay  sawaal  karogi, Sanakadevi? How many questions do you ask!” Buwaji came to Sham’s rescue.  Khushi grinned.  “Aray Buwaji.. I should know! What if my friends ask about my would be husband? I should know about him!” she smiled at him sweetly.  He gaped at her innocent face. “You will know everything about me.. soon!” he smirked.  Khushi observed the change on his face.  “don’t be so happy, Shamji!   Here is my next question, Agalay  Padav  Kay  Liye! Question number three!” she grinned again.

“Tell me Sham ji.. why did you decide to take up law?” she asked a descriptive question this time.  “Question for ten marks!” she thought.  Payal had given him tea.  He sipped one thinking what to answer.

“I wanted to help the needy ones” he said sweetly smiling at Buwaji.  Buwaji nodded.  “Haan NandKishore! You are doing that..! How noble of you!” she said smiling satisfactorily.
“Great!” Khushi admired thinking whether to shoot the next question now or some time later.  She decided to ask later.  “Take some breathing time, Shamji for my next Padav!” Khushi smiled at him.
“Aray.. how much do you talk..!” Buwaji too was irritated.

“We have to Buwaji.. the other day I read somewhere.  They had given the list of questions.. What should parents ask and know about the groom before finalizing the marriage! You know the article name, Shamji? It’s ‘Kaun  Banegaa  Meraa  Patee!’ Hihihi...”  She said brightly giggling.  

“Toh.. parents should ask those questions.. why are you asking?” Buwaji fell in trap easily.
“What to do Buwaji? Babuji.. you know! Amma is busy with Babuji’s nursing.. So who should ask?” Khushi questioned and turning to Sham asked “Isn’t it Sham ji? One should be careful!” Sham had to nod.  She was getting out of control for him.  “This fire will spread soon if I don’t put it out in time!” He thought of his next move.  Khushi was humming shaking her leg.  

“Achha... tell me Sham ji..!” Khushi started off again when she saw he had finished his tea.  Sham clenched his fists.  He stared at Khushi she was looking at him smiling sweetly.  Door bell rang, to Sham’s relief.  He looked through the window and got up with a jerk.

Khushi had already reached the door pulling it open.
“You?” she was shocked.


19 comments:

Unknown said...

Thank you everyone for your lovely comments.

Just a few lines for Shai and thank you for Mymind and Dayavanti for answering on my behalf.

Shai.. You are right! I too didn't like it while writing. But are some things you cannot avoid. Lavanya was sweet enough till she had not sensed the comfort these two shared. But then her insecurities made her do what she did in the Mall. That too when he was away. This is what I thought she would do, for her character. As mymind said she is not a strong character and swayed by the wind. Dayavanti was right.. you can't expect rational and sweet behavious always from the person how is jealous of you. Hope I made the character of Lavanya clear here.

Let me know, if you all still feel Lavanya went against her persona in the earlier episode. According to me, this is how a person like Lavanya would behave...!

Thanks for raising this issue. This made me think twice on understanding Lavanya's character.

Bye for now!

And all others.. My dears... thank you for your good comments. Keep reading and commenting...!!

If anyone wanted to Know Khushi's question bank of pre marital questionnaire.. I am ready to share.

Every would be bride must know the basic things about the would be groom. Parents should make sure that they get the answers for all the questions they have in mind.. before going ahead with wedding plans..! What say? to avoid such deceitful tragic marriages...!!

Thank you very much. Love you all

KF

lakshmi said...

Hi KF, now story is moving fast....Lavanya 's dimaag started working...Asr in a mission for Akash and Khushi shyam game .....i'm eagerly waiting for all plots to fall in place...good update dear...

Sumedha said...

Hey Diii it was just hmmmmmmmmm
I don't even have words for it...
You know now the story has some spice after there is a change in lavanaya's behaviour... you know I was just going to ask you to change the character of lavanya in a bit wrong side, you understand what i mean to say... It was lovly and you know I got my result today...
Update soon...
Love You...
Sumedha.

Applecut said...

Lavanya would slowly get to know that she wasnt the person to be for ASR by herself by moving her plans at future,If am not wrong. Nani indirect speech would make ASR to think over it. Feel for Akash, Hope ASR would make out (deal) successfully.

arhiforever said...

hope ASR will make the deal work for Akaash, I like the way the ASR-Khushi_Lavanya is going.

Our Khushi always has questions and it is a good thing to know about your would-be husband.

Sumedha said...

Hihihihihihi it must be arnav and akash at the door...
Today also Ilaughed so loudly and my mother scolded me...
i was laughing so badly wen she was asking him question about his collegue...
i read it again... i think so I've read it thrice...
hihihihihihihihihi....
Love You...
Sumedha...

Mymind said...

Though unintentional...glad that my comment was useful...

Your questionnaire seem to be interesting....though would not be of much use for me personally....who knows may be i could help someone...

Nani's wish that he would realize the difference between them may never come true because he has never compared Khushi to anyone!...and Lavanya has never been successful in creating the ruckus in his heart that Khushi has!...comparison bhi sharma jaye!

Thank you Khushifan!

kalaiselvisblog said...

wow dear.. am jumping wen i saw ur next update... hehehe...

mmm.. so nani judged.. gud.. yes chote realise the difference soon... (wink).. oh dear.. why lavanya is thinking like dis.. i accept its her insecurities... lol.. ha dats my asr.. loved d way he avoided her.. & slept thinking abot khushi...

oh so payal said no to akash.. mmm yes chote.. dey will have grt impact on us..hehe... question bank.. oh dear so funny.. u only can think like this.. hehee.. our khushi knows how to avoid him.. hehehe

so ASR is there at her doorstep.. no no lavanya is there.. rite dear..

Anonymous said...

I've gotta say...clever lavanya. I mean if you're insecure about your relationship and jealous it would make sense to get rid of the competition...plus she's never known where she's stood with ASR and so even more reason to follow through with her plan. Poor Akash...I mean what did he expect when his mum insulted his gf and he just stood there silent? He needs to be taught a lesson!

Who's at the door?...lavanya or asr and Akash? I think maybe L. Who knows it could be Ranjan....;)

SB

Anonymous said...

One more thing! Nani is soooo right....we should value people on how well they treat others, not mistreat them! Now, how to make ASR understand.......

SB

Dayavanti said...

First of all let me wish you a very happy holi and safe dhuleti...

thanks for the appreciation..there are such characters like lavanya n sham which can be seen around us in day to day life...the point is we may take time to recognise them or their anterior intention..but when we do the blow on our face and our trust is something which is not even heard nor seen by anyone it can only be felt...

Anonymous said...

Like the current plot, I want khushi to bring out shyam reality to bua not get engaged to him. Like the current arnav khushi payal akash track. Keep going. Lovely writing.

dvdv

smisham said...

loved ur questionaire,funny but thought provoking,absolutely essential,so who is it "you"?Lav or ASR

Anonymous said...

I believe BuaJi should get engaged to Slime. Nice update, hope it is ASR at the door and they get a peek of Slime enough to set the seeds of the downfall of Slime......... kkg fan

Suhana said...

Khushi's sawalon ka pitara!!!
Go girl...irritate him out of the house not only your room. Arnav found a reason to go nad check on 'his' girl...hahaha! So what will you do now Sahmji? Arnav and Akash are at the door!!!! Can't wait to find out how he gets out of this situation.
Am loving this story sooooo much...Thanks and god bless you, KF.

Anonymous said...

Hi Di,

I really want to know the question bank khushi mentioned about

And you know what you are an amazing writer. You are so unpredictable. I always try to guess what will be there in your next update to predict how the story will move but you surprise me with new twist and turns and im always happy.i have tried to read all your pass updates and to catch the patter of the story but still never once i was correct but i am happy bcoz that makes my day when you give some thing which is totally unpredictable just like ASR and khushi who does unpredictable stuff

I also want to say sunna maibe heheheh like whats there to come in the story hehehe

Keep posting di

Anonymous said...

let buaji blurt out kushis Sham marriage plans

Anonymous said...

Is it holi?

SB

carmen bogdan said...

I like Nani thinks and how rummages in his heart what he Arnav best. It seems that she know very well Arnav behind the mask which he wears.
I love Arnav's anger at Lavan. He's right. No human being should not be downplayed and treated with such humility. I love him for it in that moment for this.
Arnav worried about Khushi's condition, nice.
What I liked the scene between the two cousins. How to deceive by passing Akash Arnav that he did not pass ...
I like and Akash's love. beautifully described
Adorable described as Khushi in Sham him out of the room with uncomfortable questions.
Brilliant passage. I love the clever Kushi yours.