Friday 7 December 2012

Opposite Poles.. Part 9



Part 9

“ASR!” Lavanya called in excitement.
“Hi Lavanya..!” he responded calmly.  Anjali looked at him raising her eyebrows.  He ignored her. 
“Yeah, we will talk about it later.!” He told Lavanya and disconnected the phone.
“Lavanya? Lavanya Kashyap?” asked Anjali smiling at Arnav. He merely nodded.
“I see!” she stroked her chin glancing sideways at him.
“Oh! Come on Di! She is my friend!” he said feeling little embarrassed.
“Friend?” she again raised her eyebrows questioningly.
“Alright! She is my girlfriend!” he admitted. 
“Chote! I am so happy!” she held his hand in excitement.  He gaped at her.
“Finally, you found your love!” she said closing her eyes to pray God!  A pair of green eyes in distress flashed…!
“Oh! Come on Di! I didn’t say love!” he brushed her aside.
“What? Don’t you want to marry her?” she asked totally confused.
“I don’t believe in marriage, Di! I am better the way I am!” he said gravely.
“Oh God! Chote…! I don’t understand, how are..!” she started off hopelessly.
“Cut it Di! Stop it.  I know what I am doing!” he stopped further questions..!

His phone rang again.
“Yeah!” he said with a frown.  “Ok! I will be there!” he said sternly.  Anjali again raised her eyebrows.  Arnav looked away in frustration.
“Lavanya..We are going out for dinner!” he said seriously. 
“This is how you talk to her? She is your GIRLFRIEND, Chote!” Anjali was surprised at his tone.
“So?” he asked now raising his left eyebrow.  “It sounded like a business talk…!” she protested.
“It is a business dinmer, Di !” he said.  Anjali shook her head hopelessly.
“When are you going to tell this to Nani?” she asked him.
“There is nothing to tell…!” he dismissed her.  She felt disappointed.
“I know, he will tell about Lavanya, one day! I know he loves her!” she thought smiling to herself.  

*********   ********   ***********

“Stop! What are you doing?” Buwaji held Khushi’s hand tightly.  She was on Jilebee making spree and piling the Jilebees in an already overflowing plate of Jilebees.
“Stop it Khushi!” her babuji intervened. 
“I don’t know! But this is all because of him…!” she muttered.  Two brown smug eyes stared at her.  She winced in hatred. 
“Wish I could teach him a lesson.. Wish I met someone, who would take me to him, to take my revenge…!” She blurted.  Her babuji took her outside. 
“Vengeance is not good, Khushi!” he put his arm around her shoulder.
“Why, Babuji? He did it.  He must have publicized this.  I know… I am not going to spare him…!” she started off again angrily.
“”Calm down, Khushi bitiya…! “ her babuii tried to pacify her.
“Babuji, this is all because of money? Does money give so much power to destroy someone completely?” she asked in frustration.
“It’s the sense of absolute power, makes a person behave like this!” he said gravely.
“That means I should have money to fight with him!” she concluded getting up.  Her babuji pulled her back.
“No Khushi, It is not money… Its your good behavior and faith in God that can fight with such people…!” he said. 
“Good behavior? With such a bad guy? Forget it, Babuji…! I will teach him a lesson in his style..!” she declared.  Her babuji felt a surge of pain in his chest.  He looked at her hopelessly clutching his chest. 
“Khushi, go get some water for me!” he said with pain in his voice.  

“What? What happened Babuji?” Khushi came nearer in panic.
“Nothing, bitiya, I am alright!” he brought a fake smile on his face.  She felt relieved and went to fetch the water.
Shashi, Khushi’s babuji was pacing restlessly.  He did not know what to do? To save the house or to save the shop.  To save shelter or bread.  
Khushi entered.  “Babuji, are you ok?” she asked in a concerned voice. 
“I am ok, bitiya! Go and have some sleep!” he tried to send her away.  He had to take a decision to choose between the two.  

Khushi looked up. “Why Devi Mayya? Why are you putting us in so much trouble! Hamase kya galati ho gai?” she asked with tearful eyes.  “Devi Mayya, Kuch to hoga… Koi to rasta hoga…! Show me some way out of this, Devimayya!” she joined her hands.  Her babuji placed his hand on her shoulder.
“Why, Babuji? Why should we suffer like this?” she asked in despair.  Her babuji shook his head.
“Because we are strong enough to endure!” he said.  Khushi couldn’t buy this argument.
“What? Why, babuji? Only because we are strong, why should we suffer..?” she asked hurtfully.  Babuji had no answer.  She went out frustrated, muttering furiously.  She saw Payal sitting on the floor hiding her face in her knees embracing her knees by her hands.

“Jiji…!” she went near and placed her hand on Payal’s shoulder.
“Jiji, don’t worry… Everything will be alright.  Whatever happens, happens for a reason…! I am sure Jiji.. Devi Mayya sab Thik Kar Degi!” she prayed.  And getting up said “Wait, Jiji!” she went inside and brought Mannat Key!
“Keep this with you!” she said.
“But Khushi, this is your key!” exclaimed Payal.
“Yes, Jiji! But I asked favor for you! Keep it and you will see, you will get a very good husband very soon!” she smiled at her Jiji.  Smile appeared on Payal’s face too!
“Keep it with you till you get a good husband and then give it to me, so that I get  the best husband in the world!” Khushi said smiling broadly.
“You are impossible, Khushi!” she shook her head. 
“That’s why I am Khushi!” said Khushi proudly jerking her head back and getting up to go.

*******    ***********

“Babuji, don’t go alone, I will come with you!” said Khushi holding her babuji’s hand.
“Chup Raho, Khushi! No need to go anywhere!” yelled buwaji from behind.  Payal came into the room.  It was two days since the disaster.  Shashi knew, anytime the bank recovery people would appear.  Before that he needed to make some arrangements. 
“Jiji, I have to go out!” he took the file and turned to leave.
“Please, don’t go alone..!” pleaded Khushi..!
“Khushi…. Keep quiet!” her buwaji screamed and chocked.  She hurriedly took out her inhaler and inhaled deeply.  Her asthma had erupted again.  She was gasping and breathing heavily. 
“Buwaji…!” Payal held her and took her inside.
“Babuji, I will come with you, or take Gopal chacha with you!” Khushi requested.
“No, Khushi! I have to do this.  I cannot afford to let anyone know about our condition…!” he said gravely.
“Then, in that case we will come with you!” said Payal.  Her babuji nodded.
The stepped out of Gomti Nivas.
A phone rang.  Sham picked up the phone. 
“They are out!” said a rough voice.
“Strike when I reach there!” ordered Sham.


3 comments:

kalaiselvisblog said...

dear.. its lovely... its really nice to read in ur upgraded version... am eagerly waiting for ur next updates... keep going...

Yusra said...

loving your story khushifan... plz continue

Anonymous said...

After I saw the show Kushi making Jalebi recipes I've looked and I did youtobe.
Agaftea