Sunday 30 December 2012

Opposite Poles..Part 32



Part 32

“What? How is that possible!” Sham wiped off sweat.   The person on the other side of the phone spoke something.  Sham looked lost.
“Look.. I cannot meet you know.  We will meet in the evening…!” Sham told him calmly.  The other person spoke something.
“Ok! I will come there in fifteen minutes…!” Sham gave up.  He disconnected.
“How is it possible? How did he find out?” he blurted sending back strands of hair from his forehead.  The things were going beyond his control.   He had to do some damage control.  

******   *****   ********

“Look, if you don’t pull me out of this mess, I am going to disclose everything…!” Prashant was furious.  Sham was deep in thoughts.
“Why didn’t you tell me, there were CCD cameras installed everywhere?” Prashant got up from his chair aggressively.
“How would I know? I have never entered that warehouse…! You work there, you should have found out!” asked Sham pulling Prashant down. 
“I know, Mr. Sethi and Mr. Arnav Singh Raizada, are not going to spare me! “ Prashant was doomed.
“Remember, if anything happens to me.. I will take you all with me!” he said raising his finger threateningly. 
“We all are partners in this… Mr. Sham.. you said you will take care..!” Prashant said.  Sham was deep in thoughts to find out a solution.
“You said.. we can use that girl’s gullibility.  But she was the one who reported the discrepancies…!”  Prashant said
“I used her login to change the entries but its logged with time stamp in the system… And that so called boorish, stupid girl, had already reported  ...before I could do anything…!” Prashant felt trapped in the well knitted web.
“You said, you know that girl and we can use her…!” Prashant raised his voice. 
“Look Sham… don’t blame me if anything happens to her…! She is the one who will expose us..!”  Prashant had a menacing  look in his eyes. 
“Shut her up! Else I will take some drastic step to shut her up forever!”  He threatened sham. 
“Shut it! Don’t you even dare talk about her like this.  I will see what I can do.   I will send her away…!” Said Sham thoughtfully.
“I don’t know what interest you have in that girl… But she is dangerous…!” warned Prashant.  Sham again lost in thoughts. 
“She  is been  moved to safety! I am worried, Sham! “  said Prashant gravely.  Sham looked up at him.
“She is transferred to AR Designs…!” Prashant dropped the bombshell.  Sham looked devastated.  He rose from the chair in shock.
“Shut her up.. else I will kill her!” Prashant got up from his chair and went away.  Sham sat there for a long time.
“Why didn’t she tell me? If she meets Saale Saab, everything will be a waste!” Sham thought gravely. 
Prashant had already threatened.  “I must take care of Prashant before he does anything…!” he thought clenching his fists.
“How dare he talk about Khushi ji like this?  She is my find.. I can’t let her go! I have taken efforts to win her!” He was frustrated.  Khushi had proved to be a difficult person.  He was wrong about her.  She was smart, bold and straight forward, blunt enough to expose anyone who was wrong…!”
“Oh! Khushi ji, you don’t know, how much I want you…! You and me!.! It’s a challenge to bring you completely under my control… You are the one for me!” Sham stroked his left fist with his right hand licking his lips… 

********   ********    **********

“Khushi ji.. Aap Ne Bataya Kyun Nahi? Why didn’t you tell me you are transferred in That Raizada’s office?” Sham looked furious.
“Raizada? Sanaka Devi? Kya yeh such hain? Is it true?” Buwaji came on to her furiously. 
Everyone was shocked.  “Aree, Sanaka Devi…why didn’t you tell us?” screamed Buwaji.
“Iss Main Kehene ki kya baat hain Buwaji? There was nothing to tell, Buwaji!” Khushi retorted.
“I am transferred temporarily. I will be relieved soon!” Khushi was unable to understand why everyone was so upset.
“Aree… he is the one who ruined your life!” Sham now, was unable to understand Khushi’s view point.
“But Sham ji, you only recommended me for that job.  You also did not know that it was his warehouse, right?” Khushi caught him red handed.  He had to nod and say “Yes, even I did not know!”
“Then? It was a coincidence.  Sham ji!  I did not know it was his.  Else, I would have never worked in that office.  Now I cannot do anything.  I will not leave unless I am cleared of all the charges…!” said Khushi determined.  Payal nodded in concurrence. 
“What? What charges?” asked Buwaji.  Khushi dropped her shoulders.
“Buwaji, they have charged her for theft!” Sham’s rage went out of bound.
“What? Aree Paramesari…! This was the only thing left…!” Buwaji sat down on the bed with a thud clutching her head and crying out hysterically.
“Shh… Buwaji, ..! Calm yourself down.  I will handle it.. I know, I have not done anything wrong.  I will be relieved soon…!” Said Khushi holding her buwaji’s hand.  She jerked her hand and getting up said.
“Tomorrow morning, you will go back to Lucknow..! “ Sham had a faint smile on his face.  Khushi shook her head helplessly.
“No, Buwaji! I can’t, till the enquiry is over!” she said gravely.  Buwaji gaped at her.
“But,  that Raizada, will create more problems for you, Khushi ji! I am worried! He is capable of doing anything..! He will … I don’t know..! Buwaji.. forgive me, but I don’t think it’s a good idea to work in his office…!” Sham held buwaji’s hand.
“It was not my idea.  I am compelled to work ..!” Khushi said helplessly. 
“Khushi ji, I am a lawyer! They cannot compel you like this.  You go back to Lucknow! I will handle everything here…!” he held Khushi’s hand assuring her his protection.  Khushi looked at him.
“Haan! This is right.  Khushi, Payal, you go back to your parents and Sham Babua will see what that Raizada is up to!” Buwaji was overwhelmed with Sham’s helping hand.
“Nahi! No!” Khushi looked serious.  “I won’t run away from problems…!”
“Arree, sanaka devi… you invite problems…!” Buwaji was enraged.
“No! Buwaji, Shamji has already helped us.  We cannot burden him more..!” Khushi looked at Sham with tearful eyes.
“Khushi ji.. don’t worry.  I am always with you!” Sham stroked Khushi’s shoulder.  She moved away.
“No Sham ji.  I will not go!” she said resolutely. Sham looked at Buwaji for support and said
“Khushi ji, you are too simple.  You don’t understand the danger.  The Raizada can do anything… I mean ANYTHING!  Now that you work in his office, he will trap you alone… and you ….!” He left his speech half way and looked at buwaji’s aghast face.  Buwaji shuddered.
“Nahi, Sanaka devi.. you will not work in that office…!” declared Buwaji..
“What if he does something to you?” sham looked at Khushi.  She gaped at him. 
“Khushi ji, you don’t know these rich people… I am worried, Khushi ji! He will take advantage of the situation and …!” he again left his sentence incomplete to get the right effect.
“No Sham ji.  He will not do anything like that.  I can take care of myself..!” Khushi said confidently. 
He was dragging her in his car..! “this.. your so called brother would have taken you anywhere… and…” He was yelling..!
“Don’t be so sure Khushi ji!” Sham was frustrated.
“I am sure, sham ji! I will manage!” she said and went into her room.
She changed into a comfortable night dress and turned,  taking her dupatta over her shoulders and saw Sham standing at the door.
“Sham ji?” she was surprised.  Sham came in.  She felt awkward.
“You?!” she said little upset.
“Sorry, Khushi ji, I should have knocked.” Said sham walking upto the chair.  “This is the second time he has done it..! “ thought upset Khushi.
  I think you should go back.  You are taking undue risk!” Sham said authoritatively.  She shook her head.  “No Sham ji.  I already have decided…!”
“I am sorry, Sham ji.  I know, you are my wellwisher.  But I have to take the decision on my own.  And I have decided..!” she said with determination.  Sham went out.
“Umm… Buwaji.. I am going out for a while…!” said sham looking upset and went out.
“Buwaji…! You will call her amma babuji and tell everything.  I am sure, Khushi ji.. You will go back to Lucknow once your babuji comes to know about this….!” Sham smirked.
“Before that… Iss Prashant Ka Kuch bandobast Karana padega! I have to take care of this headache Prashant…!”  Sham picked up his cell and dialed a humber.
“Rattan Saab…!” he started off.

**********    *********   ********

Prashant was all set to shut her up.  ASR was all set to crush her under his heels…!  Sham was setting up the field to send her back to Lucknow where he would have enough time to bring her under his control….! Khushi,  oblivious to all these was determined to work till the enquiry was over.  She had faith in her devi mayya and on her own convictions. 

9 comments:

kalaiselvisblog said...

oh dear... poor khushi... prashant... how dare u can tell dat u will shut her... u idiot... & dis shyam... omg... he will do anything....

but asr is there to protect her along with her devi mayya...

am a bit disappointed dear... no arshi encounter today... just loved urs as usual... waiting 4 d next one...

Anonymous said...

Great update, loved Khushi's determiniation and her ability to guage people, she is umcomfartable with the snake......hope she does not go back to Lucknow.....kkg fan

Anonymous said...

Hey Devi Mayya pls protect khushi from all devils. Nice update yaar.

Anonymous said...

Hmm So khushi is trapped, unknowingly asr is protecting her. hope he does not do more harm to her.

i hate this sham. but we find people like him in real world. backstabbing moron!

Mymind said...

caught up with updates from 24 thru 32....was wishing that no one interrupts until i finish......and very glad that the wish was granted.....that's the hold the updates of your story has......

Anonymous said...

What a plot? Getting interesting ..,

Anonymous said...

Ooh forgot to mention that Prachant is smart enough to understand Khushi has been transferred for her own protection....

carmen bogdan said...

Why are some people so smart believe that they believe they can endlessly manipulate people and situations. Beautifully written. I loved it.
I made a habit and I look forward to when I have time to see if you have written. I am very happy when I can read
I wish you a blessed week and inspiring you to write as much as we still expect
Agaftea

Anonymous said...

Great going Khushifan...Loved Khushi's confidence...hope DM vil help her

Sharmi