Monday 17 December 2012

Opposite Poles..Part 19



Part 19

“Jiji.. !” Khushi came limping inside.
“Khushi..?What happened?” Payal was shocked to see Khushi in that condition.  Sham was sitting at the table.  He got up and came forward to help Khushi. 
“No! I am alright, Shamji!” Khushi politely refused his offer.  
“What happened?” he asked in concerned voice.  “Payal ji, get her a hot cup of tea!” he instructed and gave her the towel.   Khushi took it and went inside to change.
“This is the second time she has come home drenched completely!” Buwaji grumbled.  Sham smiled fondly.
“Iss Sanaka Devi ko Kitani baar Kahaa Hai…!  Ek Chaataa Nahi Rakh Sakati…!” Buwaji was enraged.  “Can’t she carry an umbrella?” she asked Sham.
“Buwaji.. It was a stormy rain.  Her umbrella wouldn’t be of any use! I had called her.  She was alright!” Sham said gazing at Khushi who walked into the hall looking for a cup of tea.

“Jiji… Tea!” she shouted.  “Yeah! Getting it!” said payal and came out with a tray. 
“What happened to your foot?” Sham looked at her and asked.
“Umm  actually, I fell down!...you know what happened..?” she started off narrating the incidence and finally said.
“But I am happy, I could save the boxes…!” she smiled broadly at Sham.
“You carried all the boxes?” he asked in amazement. 
“Yeah… I mean… than mon… I mean I got help after some time!” she did not hide the fact.. only forgot to tell who that help was…!  Sham smiled fondly.  “You are really brave Khushiji!”  He admired.  Buwaji gaped at both of them.

“But there was no need to do all these things.  You had called for help.  You should have waited …!” said sham in a worried tone.  Khushi was surprised.
“No! I mean… look at you… you wounded yourself in the process.  What if something serious happened? Some accident..?” he held her hand.  Buwaji raised her eyebrows at his concern.
“But I am alright…!” Khushi withdrew her hand.  Sham felt embarrassed.  He looked away sheepishly. 
“Aree Sanaka devi… Sham babua ne to Kamaal Kar Diya, NandKishore!” Buwaji placed her hand on his shoulder and said fondly.  Khushi raised her eyebrows.
“See… He got the letter from the Treasury… that I will get my pension with arrears…!” Buwaji was more than happy.  Khushi was happy too.
“Thank you, Sham ji! You have been a great help!” she said gratefully.  Sham smiled and politely ..

“I did nothing..! I am only the means… Buwaji’s NandKishore does everything!” He joined hands in prayer.  Buwaji hugged him placing her hand on his head.  “Bless you, Babua!” she had tears in her eyes.
“Ok. Khushi ji! I need to go! “ he said getting up with a suitcase in his hand.
“What? Are you going somewhere?” Khushi asked in surprise.
“Humm… some urgent work.  But I promise, I will be back soon!” he smiled and went away.

***********    *********   ******   ********

He was on the road, walking down the deserted street.  He was talking to someone over the phone.  “Do as I told you! Don’t miss this opportunity.  I want the results…! Yeah… I know for sure, that there is no record for these …. Gayab Kar Do! But first check the value..! “  he instructed.  The person at the other end said something.
“That you don’t have to bother…! Do it…! I will take care of the rest…!” Sham was furious.  “And don’t call me!” he ordered disconnecting the phone.
He stroked his left fist with his right hand and licked his lips. 
“Wah… NandKishore..! So many things in one stroke…! Well done Sham babu..!” he patted himself.
“Hmm this calls for a lavish dinner with my dear Raani Saaheba…! “ he smirked and hailed an auto.

**********  **********    **********   ***********

“Oh! What happened, Saale Saab?” Sham entered the house “Shantivan”.   His brother in law, Arnav was on sneezing spree.  Sham’s wife, Anjali was trying to pat dry his head with the towel. 
“Dekhiye na? he got drenched in rain…. I don’t know where he had been!” she said irritably.
“I had asked him not to go to the office.. It is Sunday today… and see what he has done to himself..!” His Di, Anjali was furious.
“By the way, Bhai, where had you been?”  asked Aakash looking confused.  “You drove your car, right?” he asked further.  Arnav refrained from answering.  He looked away.  I would prefer HELL to your HELP!” someone shouted and he got up with a jerk.
“I need some rest!” he muttered and went to his room.  

*********    ********   ***********

“Hey Devi Mayya? Why did you do this to me? Why did you made me ask for help from the person, I hate the most? You must be enjoying this.. but you know how I felt asking him for help?” Khushi was annoyed with her devi mayya!”  She closed her eyes lying on the bed.
She was floating in the air.  Someone was looking at her smugly with a smirk.  She had held on to him and he was carrying her…!  She opened her eyes with a start.  “No!” she blurted. 
“Khushi… So Jao!” Payal was disturbed with Khushi’s mumbling.  Khushi closed her eyes again… and again two brown smug eyes smirked at her, gently lifting her with two strong arms..!
“No!” she yelled and sat up.  “Khushi… what happened?’ payal was really irritated.
“Jiji… Can we not keep our eyes open and still sleep?” she asked miserably.
“What? Have you gone mad?” Payal sat up too.
“Yes, Jiji… if I close my eyes, I see that Mo…!” Khushi stopped keeping her mouth open.
“You see what, Khushi?” asked payal bewildered.
“Nothing Jiji… that Thunder storm scared me to the core!” Khushi could manage.  She joined her hands in prayer and closed her eyes again drawing the blanket over her head.

*************    **********   *********
He was carrying her in his arms, gazing at her soaked face unblinkingly.  She had closed her eyes shut and had held on to him in fright.  She was in pain…!
“No!” he blurted and sat up.  “Forget her!” he snapped himself and closed his eyes.  The green eyes were smirking at him.   “No!” he turned in his sleep but again got up unable to bear the gaze of the green eyes. 
“Lavanya…!” he called.
“ASR?” Lavanya was surprised to get his call at midnight.
“What is it ASR?” She couldn’t think of the reason for his call.  There was no answer.
“Why did you call, ASR?” she waited and then asked.
“No, I mean… just like that!” he blurted.  Lavanya got up from the bed with a jerk.  ASR had called her just like that, without any reason.  She couldn’t believe her luck.   This was the first time he had called her just like that.   She smiled broadly.
“What do you want, ASR?” she asked huskily, in a bear whisper.  “Come over!” she invited him. 
Her invitation brought him back on earth.  “No, I mean… forget it! Good night Lavanya!” he got frustrated with himself.  “This damn girl is getting on to my nerves..!” he clenched his fists.  Two green eyes reflected smirk.  
“No mamma, I don’t want to be that earthen pot…!” Chote was agitated.  “I know, Chote… but this earthen pot, when filled, quenches our thirst with refreshing, cool water!” Mamma pulled him closer and said smiling.  Two green eyes were looking at him happily…!
“No!” he got up with a start.   “No! I won’t let it happen…!” he got up from the bed resolutely.  His lopsided smile was a hint of the approaching storm in someone’s life.

**********    *********    ***********
“Ms, Gupta! Thanks a lot!”  Mishra Sir was praising her.  He had bought samosas and jilebee in her honor.  They were all enjoying.  Suddenly, this trainee, small town girl had become the centre of attraction.   She was telling them the edited version of her story animatedly.  She knew, if she told them that some stranger helped her, the security people would be in trouble.   The security guards were overwhelmed with the good gesture.  They thanked her many times.   She was happy.   Mishra Sir was happy.
“I will recommend you for this job, once these two months are over…!” he told her.  She nodded.
“But, I will be going back to my Amma Babuji…!” she thought. 
“You know? Our company “Sethi Warehouses” has country wide wear housing facility.  We have all sorts of godowns and warehouses everywhere.  It’s a big company and they reward good employees!” Mishra Sir provided information.  Her mind started racing.  “Other companies take our godowns on rent to house their material.  We provide specialized warehousing facility” he went further.  Khushi was not interested in all this. 
“um.. Sir! Does this company has a godown in Lucknow?” she asked hopefully.  
“I will have to check!” came a reply.  She nodded and went back to her place. 
Post lunch came with a different color again with overcast skies.  

***********   ***********   *********

5 comments:

kalaiselvisblog said...

Khushi is politely refusing shyam's help... wow... her kutte ji did dat magic after sacrificing its life... both were haunted wit eachothers thought... amazing.. so AR designs has rented sethi warehouse for their packages... very nice... eager 2 c wat happens next...

Unknown said...

aha khushi refused shyam's help again and didn't tell him about monster oops Arnav this time too . Hope she mantains this
Khushi's thoughts are haunting Arnav ooooohhhhh !
As i said earlier , i am Loving the story !
Don't worry about the response , it will incerase in some time , wait and watch .
And ofcourse we are there , even if we are 7 or 8 in number , but still we will follow it till the end !

Anonymous said...

Hi Khushifan, This is Varsha
We already are your fans. And you know i directly send you the mail on every post. Only hitch is commenting here is little difficult. shooting mail is best. I do that. I am sure many must be doing that.
All your MED fans are reading your posts.

Anonymous said...

Khushifan,

Excellent plot. I know you are going to take us for another roller coaster ride. The seed story of the pots... is becoming more and more interesting...

Keep it up...! Love you!

carmen bogdan said...

I like doing events and come in depth story so interesting. no need to say again that I am one of your readers consistent even in the absence of time .....
Agaftea