Sunday 9 December 2012

Opposite Poles..Part 11



Part 11

“I have to take a decision now, Garima ji!” Khushi’s babuji said seriously.  Garima did not react.  They were in  a fix.
Their house was mortgaged.  If the installments were not paid, they would be ousted from their house.  Their shop, the only source of income,  was closed for many days and now vandalized. 
“If I have to save the house, I have to sell the shop and if I am to save the shop we have nowhere to live!” he said shaking his head in despair. 

Buwaji came out.  “I am taking the girls with me to Delhi.  You finish off the work here and come to Delhi.  We all will stay together. She said half heartedly.  She wanted to help but had her own problems.  Her family pension was not released.  Her chikankaari business was closed because of her asthma problem.  

“May be with the help of the girls, I will start it again!” she thought to herself. 
“Shashi babuwa, don’t worry.  We will find out a way.  Let me take the girls out of this place first!” she said maturely.  Shashi nodded.  

There was a knock on the door and the bank recovery people were at the door.
Shashi looked panic.  He had met the manager and had requested for some time to  pay the installments.   That time also had lapsed. 
Garima and Shashi looked at each other.  The bank people came in apprehensively.
Shashi joined his hands.
“I am sorry, we have no other option…!” one of them said seriously.  Shashi nodded. 
“How much time?” he asked crestfallen. 
“Not much! You already have missed three installments!” said the person gravely. 
“Ok!”  said Shashi. 
“I suggest you pay the due installments now and it can be saved!” said the bank person.

:But..!" Shashi was cut of in the middle.
“Babuji….!” Khushi had come running from outside.
“What? Where had you been?” screamed buwaji.  Khushi had gone out alone again, without her permission.
“Babuji…” Khushi ignored her buwaji.  She dragged her babuji inside.
“Babuji… this!” she held out a bundle of notes .  Her babuji looked aghast.
“Babuji, this should be sufficient for the due installments!” she said seriously.
“Take this babuji…!” she thrust the money in his hand and pushed him out.

**********   ********   ********

“Tell me Khushi, where did you get the money from?” her Amma was yelling at the top of her voice, supported by yelling buwaji.  Babuji was still aghast.
“Amma, calm down! I did not do anything wrong… I just sold…!” she paused.
“Sold? What did you sell, Khushi?” her Amma held her hand in rage.
“I.. I sold my Kangan and bangles….!” She replied in a small voice.
“What?” her Amma took a step back
“Khushi, … you sold your mother’s Kangan?” babuji looked hurt.
“Babuji, my mother’s ornaments are not important than this house!” she said holding his hand.
“Please… let us not talk about it!” she said going to her room.  Buwaji had tears in her eyes.
“Khushi… How do I thank you?” she said to herself.
“Khushi…!” she yelled again.  Khushi came out.  “You went out alone?” she screamed.
“No… Kutte ji was with me! My bodyguard!!” Khushi said smugly smiling broadly.  Buwaji’s anger suddenly subsided. 
“Ok, now! Start packing.  We are going in the evening!” said buwaji.  Khushi looked at her babuji.  He nodded gravely.
They heard growling and barking from outside. 
“This.. Dog!” said buwaji frustrated. 
“Jaa kei usey kahi chod aao!” she ordered babuji.  He shook his head.
“No Jiji..! it is a very faithful dog! Wafadaar hai!!” he said smiling and went out to see who it was.
He tied the dog away and Sham entered their house.

*********    ***********    ***********

“Uncle, these people will repair your shop in a couple of days..!” said the gentleman surveying the shop.  Shashi nodded.  The people started assessing the damage.
“Beta, I didn’t even ask you your name!” said babuji guiltily.  The gentleman smiled.
“I am sham Manohar Zaa!” he said calmly.  Babuji smiled. 
“These people will give you the estimate..! But don’t worry, we will manage!” Sham said clamly.
“No need bĂȘte! I will manage! I have asked my friend to come here for help!” said babuji looking into Sham’s eyes.  

 Sham stared blankly at him for a second, his eyes flashed and then said slyly, “Its ok uncle! As you wish! Now shall we go to the police station? I know the inspector here!” he said taking a step out of the shop.  Shashi’s friend entered.

“Umm, Sham bĂȘte,  Thank you very much for your help.  But I think I will manage from here!” he said joining his hands gratefully.  Sham reentered the shop.
“What?” he blurted.
“Aisaa hai na babuwa, I have decided not to go to the police station.  I don’t want to fall in that trap again.  My friends are ready to help.  We will manage!  “ he said politely.  Sham gaped at him.

“By the way, he is my friend Satyen.  And Satyen, this is Sham Babu! He is a lawyer, he saved us from the goons! I am indebted to him forever!”  said Shashi bowing his head in honor of Sham.
“Lawyer? Where do you practice?” Satyen interrogated.  Sham churned a bit and said confidently.
“Highcourt! In fact I have to travel a lot to represent my clients!”
“Where are you from!” the enquiry entered into personal zone and Sham shrunk his answers.
“Allahabad highcourt?” asked Satyen and went ahead.  “My brother practices there, he must know you.   What is your full name Sir?”
Shyam tried to avoid him.  “I should be going..Uncle!” he said.
“His name is Sham Manohar Zaa!” Shashi supplied the information.  Sham became restless.  They heard growling and he shuddered.

“Who untied this Dog?” blurted babuji looking at Sham’s frightened face.  The dog had sniffed its way  from home to shop once it was free.  Sham had already stepped out of the shop and was on the road.  The dog was in the shop.  Shashi patted the dog. He was deep in thoughts. 
“Kabhi Ghar Aanaa Jarur! Please visit us sometimes!” he said joining his hands.  Sham nodded and hurriedly went away.
“He seems to be a gentleman, you could have taken his help! Why did you choose not to go to police?” asked Satyen.  Babuji shook his head hopelessly.
“I don’t know! ..” he had no justification for his decision.

******   *********   *********

The Dog was running behind the auto in the evening, chasing it.
“Kutte ji.. Aap Delhi tak aao ge kya? Are you planning to chase us upto Delhi?” Khushi bent out of the auto and screamed at the dog.  It did not stop. 
“Aab to wapas jao.  Go back kutte ji!” Khushi had sat down on the platform of busy Lucknow Railway station and hugged the stray dog with tears in her eyes.
“I am going to miss you!” she kissed its head.  Passersby looked on.  She didn’t care!
 “Go back!” she ordered getting up and wiping off her tears…
“Bhooooo!” the dog hauled miserably.  She turned her back on the dog and said..
“Now go back to Amma Babuji and take care!”  she ran towards her bogie and entered the train.  The Dog turned back and vanished.
“Are you crying for that dog?” her buwaji asked bewildered.  She turned her face to hide her emotions.

***********     **********    ************
“Gomati Nivas is mortgated to the bank..!” Aman briefed ASR
“And they are defaulters!” he added.  ASR smirked.
“Aman Keep a watch on that property.  I want it at any cost!” he said.  Aman nodded.
“If they continue to be the defaulters, buy the property from the bank! Or make an offer to the owner!” he gave instructions to Aman.
“Are you planning to develop it into a commercial complex?” asked Aman curious to know ASR’s plans.
Green eyes gazed at him painfully.  Gust of wind brought in cool breeze.  Arnav’s eyes went dreamy.
“No! “ he said curtly.  Aman looked confused.  


7 comments:

Mymind said...

so kutte ji is left behind........hope to meet him soon.....good that Shashi also followed his instincts......so now ready for action in Delhi!

rainqrazy said...

Khushifan, I love your kutte ji!!! He is way too cool!!

Anonymous said...

Great update Khushi fan, I see the dog can smell the true Slime. Waiting to see what ASR has in store for the property and what happens next...KKG Fan

kalaiselvisblog said...

oh... not only Khushi... we 2 miss kutte ji with khushi... ha.. waiting for ASR's plan... green eyes.. brown eyes... wow its so romantic dear... just loved it...

Anonymous said...

Very nice, expect further forward and confident that it will be increasingly interesting, because it's your style story becomes more interesting and unexpected
Agaftea

Animen said...

loved it. Fantastic updares

Unknown said...

Khushi's kutte ji reminds me of singer from 'the guardian'....
really touchy updates...