Sunday 23 December 2012

Opposite Poles..Part 25



Part 25

“What? How?” Sham was shocked.  “Yes.. and do something.. else I will..!” said the other person on phone.  Sham stopped his vehicle at the signal.
“Don’t you dare threaten me!” he snarled back.  The person at the other end said something and Sham wiped off sweat from his forehead sending his hair strands back.  He was furious.
“This can’t be true!” he said to himself.  He dialed another number and started talking, driving his car.

“Sham ji?” Khushi was surprised to see him on the road driving a car.  He was busy talking over the phone.  She opened her mouth to call him but decided otherwise.  She already had had enough.  She walked down to her home.
“Jiji.. Bhookh lagi har!” she yelled her standard demand.  Payal smiled.  She went into the kitchen and Khushi followed. 
Payal was smiling dreamily while making tea and preparing a plate of Laddus and Samosas for Khushi.  Khushi hugged her from behind.
“Kya baat hai, Jiji? Aaj Maharaani badi Khush hai? Whats the matter, Jiji? You look very happy today?” she asked.  Payal removed her hands and said..
“Nothing.. Khushi.  I got a big order.  The shop owner gave me the news.  And I have to go and meet him tomorrow!” she said happily. 
“Jiji, take Buwaji with you.  That shopkeeper will definitely do some ‘gadbad’!” she said. 
“What?” Payal asked.  “Jiji.. I know, you can’t say NO to anyone.  He will give some emotional talk and try to reduce the rate and I know you will agree!  If it’s a big order, take Buwaji with you!” she said seriously.
“Oh Yeah? You think so? Then why don’t you come with me?” asked Payal angrily.  Khushi’s happiness drained out.

“Jiji, my duty starts tomorrow at seven!” she said gravely.
“What? You said today was your last day!” asked Payal shocked.
“No jiji, .. “ she wanted to tell her everything but decided otherwise.  She didn’t want to spoil her jiji’s mood.
“Forget it jiji! I will have to work for some more days !” she said.  They both saw Sham at the door.
Khushi remembered Sham driving the car on the road.  Sham walked in.

“It was a very hectic day!” he blurted.  Payal smiled and poured tea in the cup.  She offered him the cup.
“Aree Khushi ji? How was your day?” he asked her staring at her.  She nodded.
“It was your last day, right?” he knew everything.
“Yeah.. but she will have to work for some more time!” said Payal on behalf of Khushi.
“I am missing Amma Babuji, Jiji!” Khushi was miserable. 
“Yeah! But we are doing this for our house in Lucknow..!” Said payal reasonably.  Khushi went back to her room.

“Khushi ji..” sham had entered her room.  She suddenly got up from the bed.
“Umm.. I am sorry, I should have knocked..!” he said politely gazing at the floor.
“Its ok!” she said.  He came in and sat on the chair.
“If you don’t want to work, I can talk to them!” he offered his helping hand.
She didn’t know how to tell him that she would be working in another office.
“No.. I mean they transferred me to another office!” she said.  He gaped at her.
“Another office? Which? Where?” he was surprised.  She shrugged.  “Mishra Sir will take me there tomorrow!” she said. 
“She is transferred? How come I do not know about it!?” he was shocked. 
“Umm Ok.  Take care Khushi ji and good night!” he turned to move out.
“Um Shamji? Were you driving a car?” she asked her doubt.  He froze and then turned slowly and said
“Me? Car? With this broken hand?” he showed her the sling!  She slapped herself for her silliness. 
“Yeah, silly me! That must have been some other person!” she said smiling at him.  He went out.

**************    *************

“Di.. where is Jijaji?” asked Arnav.
“What? He went to Kaanpur, a couple of days back!” replied his Di. Arnav looked confused. 
“He will be back in another couple of days, why chote?” his Di asked. 
“Nothing Di.. I thought I saw him on the road!” said Arnav turning his back. 
“Wait Chote, I will call him!” said his Di dialing a number.  Sham picked up the phone.
“Hello, where are you?” she asked sulkily.
“I told you Raani Saaheba..! I am in Kaanpur!” he was little irritated.
“Yeah! I know!” she said in a small voice regretting her call. 
“Raani Saaheba… I miss you.  I will try to come soon!” She smiled.
“Hmm… come soon! And drive safely!” she said blushing.  Arnav gaped at her. 
“Has he taken the car?” he asked surprised.  She nodded.  He fell silent.  He definitely had seen the car on Delhi roads.  He was not sure.  He came back to his room  and threw himself on the bed.


“Chote, you are the real one… precious and priceless! No one can penetrate! You are the protector!” his mother was stroking his head.  He was resisting the thought of being an earthen pot.  His mother was looking at his Di.  She sighed.  “Chote.. I am sure, you will take care of her..! You will protect her..!” she had moist eyes.  Chote got up from her laps and said.  “Yes I will protect both of you! I am a touch guy! No one can penetrate me!”  He looked at his mamma.  She smiled broadly and pulled him in her embrace.  He closed his eyes…
A gunshot woke him up with a jerk.  “No!” he blurted and sat up in the bed.  “Mamma!” he called out in anguish.  “I am sorry! I couldn’t protect you!” he felt a surge of pain of defeat.  “No! I won’t let that happen with my Di! She is the only one I have in my life!” he slumped back on the bed.  He couldn’t sleep that night.

****    ****  ********

Sham was awake for a very long time that night.  He had to think hard to change the strategy.  The entanglement was becoming complicated.   Khushi was becoming increasingly difficult to handle.  Her straight forward nature had put him more in trouble.  She was not that vulnerable as he had thought.  She was not easily being influenced.  This was bothering Sham.  She was creating more problems for him.  
“This is not done! Anytime, Saale Saab will find out…! I have to be more cautious.   Khushi ji should not meet him at any cost.  I have to do something to send her back to Lucknow!  This way I can manage her better!  Yes, she should go back!” he thought resolutely. 
“I am sorry, Raani Saheba.. I cannot give you much time! I have a wild cat to tame…!” he blurted stroking his left fist with his right hand and licking his lips!
“This is going to be interesting… …!” he smiled broadly.  “Hmm! Buwaji… you are the one!” he sighed with pleasure dreaming about Khushi.  

********   ******   ***********

She was floating in the air as he had lifted her easily and was smiling at her smugly.  She tried to free herself.  His eyes spat anger.  “Welcome..!” he spoke in a deep  deadly voice.  She winced, still in his arms. 
“You prefer hell? Hell you will get!” he whispered.
“No!” she got up with a jerk.  She was sweating in fright.  Payal was disturbed.
“Khushi..! what are you doing? What time is it!?” she asked turning in her sleep.  Khushi looked at the clock.  There was still time.  Her dream blew away her sleep.  She prayed her Devi Mayya. 
“I know, you will be there with me.  You will protect me from that monster!” she prayed hard.  

*********   ******  ********


4 comments:

kalaiselvisblog said...

dear... i dont know hw many times i opened ur page 4 d new update... i was so happy wen i found it....

oh... dats nice... arshi has seen shyam driving a car... interesting... so shyam has decided some plan... but shyam... arnav will always have a counter plan for urs... even in dreams he's rude... haha... known one...

eagerly waiting 4 d next one dear... btw... as usual beautiful writeup dear...

rainqrazy said...

Read a number of comments in one go KF, amazing story ... you have captured so beautifully the "takraar" between Arnav and Khushi which was the charm of IPKKND!! And Shyam's duplicity ... can't wait to read further!

carmen bogdan said...

is quite real. and life situations in which others are handy as they please. and it's sad that sometimes we do not even know what to think, and who to trust on around us .... but a wave of optimism that everything will return sooner or later to a normal path is what we we hope to draw
Thanks again beautiful adaptation
Agaftea

Anonymous said...

company website buy generic propecia online uk - propecia side effects gone