Tuesday 11 December 2012

Oppsite Poles..Part 13




Part 13

“Aree Payaliya… dekho Kaun milay hain …!  Payal, look whom I met!!”  Buwaji entered the house and someone with the bags in his hand entered too. 
Payal gaped at the person.  He smiled pleasantly.  “Aree Aap? You?” she asked smiling.  He just nodded.
“Aree, I was coming from the market and hailed for an auto… he also called for the same auto… and then I recognized him…! Babuwa… it is so nice to meet you here in Delhi…!” Buwaji was more than happy to welcome Sham. 
Payal brought water and Mithai.   Sham politely rose from his seat and took the glass.  Buwaji was talking non stop.
“Aree Nand Kishor… what a coincidence.. I am so happy…Nand Kishore.. you saved these girls.. helped Shashi babuwa…!” she had no words to show her gratitude. 
“Nahi Buwaji, I didn’t do anything.  I just was there at that time… and was able to save.. that’s it! I did nothing special…Anybody would have done that…!” he said in a soft voice looking around.
“You stay alone, here?” he asked.
“Nand Kishore.. why alone? These girls are there with me!” she said patting on Payal’s back.  Sham smiled.
“Aree.. Payaliya, did Khushi return?” she asked.  Payal shook her head.
“This girl…!” blurted Buwaji.  Sham still had a smile on his face. 
“Ok. Buwaji, I take your leave!” he said getting up.
“AAte rehena… keep coming!” she said fondly.  “Come for lunch sometimes..!” she invited.  He nodded.
“Ji Buwaji.   Ab to .. I found someone from my Lucknow… ! I felt so homely here!” he was emotional.  Buwaji placed her hand on his shoulder.  “Keep coming anytime you want, son!” she said.
“Kitana Accha ladaka hai… Such a nice boy!” blurted Buwaji and Payal went inside. 
Buwaji went to her room closing the door.

******   ********   ******

“How could you be so fickle minded, Lavanya?” Arnav was totally upset with her.
“But ASR, he told me to change the figures to make it more competitive..!” she tried to justify.
“And you changed…!” Arnav yelled.  She shuddered.
“Lavanya, how can you be influenced by other so easily? Don’t you have your opinion?” he shook his head pitying her.  She looked down sheepishly.
“ASR, what to do? I get convinced easily!” she defended.
“To hell with your convincing, Lavanya! Had I not seen the figures before the proposal, we would have lost this contract!” he yelled.  She had tears in her eyes.
“Forget it!” he said dismissively and turned his back on her.
“ASR! Sorry!” she hugged him from behind.  He freed himself.  “Stop it Lavanya, go back to your work!” he said turning to his laptop.
“ASR, dinner date tonight?” she asked lovingly.  He looked at her and nodded.  She went back happily.
“How could she be swayed by anything?” he wondered.  “No, you won’t throw it.. not in my presence.. its an insult to GOD!” something flashed and he banged his fist on the table.  

Aakash, his cousin and an associate in the business walked in.  
“Aakash, need to prepare for the conference call with the Babilon Inc.   Their terms seem to be complicated.  We need an expert advice in this!” he said at once.  Aakash nodded. 
“Yes, bhai … Our finance guy is coming in fifteen minutes to discuss..!” said Aakash.  ASR nodded.
“What the hell!” he got up suddenly from his chair and looked down.  He could see his entire administrative staff from his all glass cabin in the middle of the premises sixteen feet above.  Aakash got up too.
A few persons had left their places and had gone to another cubical and having a hearty laugh.  Arnav’s rage mounting he banged on the call bell.
“Bhai… lunch hour is not yet over!” Aakash pointed at the time.  Arnav closed his eyes.  … He looked on.. A person was sitting relaxed on the table and was telling something animatedly and others were laughing..
“Enough! Lunch hour is over!” ASR looked at the time and called for that person.
Everybody else vanished and there was pin drop silence.
“Sorry Sir! I was going to my table!” said the person scared to the core.
“This is office, Mr. Karan! Not a party! Understand? ” he reprimanded.  The person went back dropping his shoulder. 
“You are late Mr. Dhingra!” ASR looked at his watch.
“Sorry Mr. Raizada, I got stuck in traffic!” Mr. Dhingra, the financial consultant gave the standard excuse. 
Arnav glared at him.  “Umm Bhai, shall we start?” Aakash was able to defuse the situation.  

*********   **********   **********

“Aree.. Sambhalke! Be careful!” Khushi held an elderly lady.   She was in the market and someone had pushed that elderly lady. 
“Its ok. Thank you!” said the lady.  Khushi smiled pleasantly and merged in the crowd.  The lady looked around moved away. 
Khushi was weeding though the crowd.  She reached Mandir. 
“Devi mayya! What is this? I had asked you to help me and also had promised a box of Laddus..!” she muttered sulkily joining her hands in prayer.
“But you.. . This time also they turned down my application..!” she said. 
“Last time, you had promised that you will do something..! what did you do?  I think you are busy with others.  Here is delhi you have lot of devotees and you have no time for this poor girl who came from Lucknow..!” She continued.  Passersby looked at her weirdness and went away smiling.
“But yaad rakhana… when I go back to Lucknow, I am going to complaint to my Devi Mayya!” she said pointing her finger at Devi Mayya.  Then realizing, what she was doing, looked around sheepishly and took back her hand.
“Ok Devi Mayya! Wish me luck next time.. and do something for me! Ok?” she said joining her hands and turned to leave. 
“Aree, You?” came a sweet pleasant voice.  Khushi looked and smile appeared on her face.
“Oh! Anjali ji? What a pleasant surprise to see you here!” she said.  Anjali looked at her with twinkling eyes and asked…
“What did you ask for, today, Khushi?  Whom do you want to teach a lesson this time?” Anjali couldn’t stop giggling.  Khushi looked embarrassed. 
“Um.. no nothing…! “ she said.
“Anjali bitiya!” called out Nani from behind and Khushi turned.
“Aai Nani!” said Anjali responding to her grandmother’s call.

**************    **********    **********

“What happened? Why were you late?” asked Payal hopefully.  Khushi shook her head stuffing samosa in her mouth.
“Nothing, Jiji! Same answer! No Experience? Arree,  if I don’t get a job, who will I have experience? And if I don’t have experience, how will I get the job?” she exclaimed loudly. 
“Kitana Ajeeb hei yeh! How weird this is!” she threw her hands in the air.
“Anyway.. Jiji! Try and Try, till you succeed!” she said optimistically.
“Tomorrow, early morning, I have a walk in interview!” Khushi said brightly.
“This is  your 10th interview, this month, Khushi!” Payal seemed depressed.
“Its ok Jiji..! You will see, tomorrow will be a great day for me!” she said holding her Jiji’s hand.
“You tell me, How many you completed today?” Khushi asked Payal.  Payal smiled.
“You know, Khushi? Buwaji has some amazing designs for Chikenkaari!  I traced them on that pink silk saree.  Completed two chickenwork…kurtas.. and you know they got sold also!” she said happily.
Khushi joined her hands “Thank you devi mayya.  You did not do anything for me, but my Jiji is happy so I am happy! Thank you!” she prayed closing her eyes, talking to her Devi mayya. 
Payal smiled at Khushi’s madness. 
“Chalo Khushi, let us have Dinner!”  she said.  Buwaji came out.  
“Aree Sanaka Devi, AAi Gai?” she asked Khushi ran and hugged her. 
“Aree.. Aree.. leave me!” she pushed Khushi away. 
“I don’t know, how you husband will manage…!” she blured.
“You know, Khushi? Who had come?” asked Payal.  Khushi raised her eyebrows.
“That Sham ji!  The one who saved us…!” Payal informed. 
“Is it? He? Here?” Khushi was surprised.   She heard barking and growling.. her kutte ji flashed .. she suddenly went back to Lucknow…!
“Hmm… “ she said sadly.  “You know Jiji? My Kutte ji did not like him.. poor  dog…!” she turned away to hide her tears.   


4 comments:

Mymind said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Mymind said...

shyam doesn't waste time....all set to impress buaji....felt bad for kutteji.....poor soul.. .had tried to warn his wellwisher.....hope his warnings burn some lights in her head....thank you again for providing this treat......

kalaiselvisblog said...

another lovely update dear.... am sure dat shashi should predict shyam's true nature.. when buwaji tells him that she met shyam in lucknow... shashi had told the address too...

mmmmm... waiting 4 d walk in interview...

Anonymous said...

Honestly, I do not like a boss that Arnav. I had a boss like that and it was awful .... I hardly satisfied because no matter how much you work and you'll never notice Streda. Some love them others can turn that heart of stone not. For this style Arnav and intrasigent a hard shell under which lies to cope with the hardness of the business world and beyond.
I like Khushi listen to their exhortations and has a sense of inner isolation from a person like that really Sham from good to stay away.
I had a mate with an almost similar nature of Sham. There are so convincing people like this it's hard not to believe. And even when you doubt they all think you're wrong. Dangerous people like this.
It's bad to be believed that Bauji ..
Continue my dear are just watching your lines ...
Agaftea